Home-built Squat rack made of wood - DIY simple squat rack - Get fit at home - My tiny home gym


In this video I'm gonna show you how I made this very simple wooden custom squat rack with pull-up bar. I'll test out the rack and show you a few extra exercises that's normally not done in a squat rack like this - and no I'm not talking about curls. We don't curl in the squat rack. Make sure to check out my first tiny home gym video, where I talk about how I organize my home gym and what equipment to buy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6NLx... With just a few accessories we can do a lot more from the squat rack and pull-up bar as well. All wood that I've used is 95x45mm The bar holders are made from 3/4" galvanized pipe and fittings. The pull-up is also made by 3/4" pipe and wall flanges, I decided to paint it black with some durable machine coating - It's attached to the rack with wall flanges. It's mounted to the wall with six long screws. Put on gussets to make it stable. All the holes are 28 millimeters - 3/4" piping is roughly 27mm, so I drilled all the holes with a 28mm spade drill. I might actually put on a threaded end cap to prevent the bar holders from dropping out. In total - all materials included - this rack cost me between 80 and 100 euros, I don't know what a similar rack would cost, but it's definitely more than 100 euros. The reason why I made it with two pipes connected to a bend and a tee and not just one pipe and a bend, is to prevent it from rotating. I made the highest rack position higher than my old freestanding rack. The starting position is pretty much the same. Perhaps I should make a few more holes below, so I can do rackpulls from the rack. I made a tool with two small holes from scrap wood, to make sure that all holes where equally spaced. Since the rack is wall-mounted, I save about 25 centimeters of the floor space. You can obviously do all pull-up variations from the bar, chin-ups, hanging knee and leg raises and so on. So a pull-up bar is one the piece of equipment that I really recommend anyone who trains at home to setup. As I said i might throw in a few more exercises that you'd normally not do on pull-up bar. I've just attached a pulley with some rope down to a loading pin, so by that I've made a triceps push-down machine - you can easily convert it into a lat pull-down machine. If you are not strong enough to do pull-ups, then I highly recommend that you invest in some resistance bands that you can help you do pull-ups. Put the band around the bad and your knee into it, the band will make it easier to do pull-ups. You can also do negative pull-ups by starting from a chair or bench.

Comments