Fat to fit body transformation - weight loss - update 8

In my video about setting up a home gym, I recommended people who were setting up a home gym, to look out for cheap second hand equipment and setup notifications for specific ads. That's exactly what I just did myself - I was looking for cheap weight plates, I didn't care if it was cast iron, plastic coated or bumper plates, just that they were cheap. I got a notification on some 15 kilo bumper plates - two of them for just 40 euros - one similar plate would cost 45 euros from new at Strengthshop. I was also lucky enough to find the same kind of bumper plates from new at a very low price, the shop was selling them because they were introducing an updated version of bumper plates. So I picked up 4x 20 kilo and 2x 10 kilo bumper plates at around 240 euro total - much less than brand new cast iron plates, that's usually the cheapest plates available. I also saved shipping costs, since it was just 45 minutes of driving for me. That would not be the case if I had ordered at Strengthshop or the other shops that I normally use. Ok, so for a while I've been wanting to increase my pull-ups, getter batter at them and get a stronger upper back. So I decided to do pull-ups every day from Monday to this Saturday, as many reps and sets that I felt like. I could choose between 4 pull-up variations: Regular pull-ups from a bar Chin-ups from a bar Jug-grip pull-ups on the hangboard 4-finger pocket pull-ups from the hangboard as well Before I started I thought that I would be able to do a total of around 40-50 reps. Monday was the first day, I managed to do 72 reps from the time I got home from work and until dinner, so roughly within 2.5 hours. Last time I did a lot of reps was the day I went to a commercial gym due some work out of town. That day I did a total of 31 reps spread over 8 sets. Monday I also did some light front squats and back squats. Tuesday I did 79 pull-ups Wednesday I did trapbar deadlifts and 76 pull-ups. I was hoping to hit a new PR on the deadlift, but with 185 kilos on the bar, I realized that I wasn't going to happen due to the amount of pulling I had done the past few days. Thursday I did 81 pull-ups Friday I did and some slow-rep light bench pressing and 77 pull-ups Saturday was my last day with pull-ups, I did 83. Even though I did 4 variations of the pull-up, with different grips, my hands still ended up being quite sore with some hardened skin and some small calluses. So after I've done pull-ups everyday for almost a week, I can tell you that weight loss and that amount of strength training does not go hand in hand. Those pull-ups have definitely done something to my upper body, triceps and biceps, lats and traps. I've most likely burned some fat and gained muscle, but my weight haven't changed much since last week - I'm still around 104 kilos. In the beginning of the week I was eating quite low caloric, but from Wednesday or so, I started eating more and especially more protein based food. I was feel quite bad, and was literally craving protein. Of course transforming fat into muscles is a good thing - so I don't regret doing all those pull-ups. But with just a little over 2 weeks left of this year, I'll have do loose approximately 2 kilos each week to reach my goal. I'm not gonna give up, so my eating the next few weeks will be much more strict, and my training with much more high intensity. I've just done a few upgrades to my home gym other than getting bumper plates, I'll upload a video on that within a few days.

Comments